Use the entry form and application form on the RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest website（http://contest.theta360.com) to register yourself as contestant and send applications. Entries made later than Wednesday, August 10 will not be eligible for sending gadgets or applications later.
Contest entry shall be performed as follows.
- The applicant must fill in the entry form at the RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest website to register an entry as a contestant.
- An e-mail is sent to the registered e-mail address for confirmation. Accessing a URL in the sent e-mail finishes the e-mail address confirmation.
- The contest secretariat will check the content of the filled form and send a confirmation of the completion of the registration if there is no problem. Registration may take up to TWO (2) business days.
Contestant entry allows one to use the following.
- Cloud API (Beta version) (*)
The API of the cloud that works with RICOH THETA
- 3D model data of enclosures of RICOH THETA series including the latest RICOH THETA S
Send the contest submission via the application form at the RICOH THETA x IoT Developers Contest website. Send the set of the following documents and material by the work submission deadline.
Documents to be submitted
- Explanation of an application or a gadget (up to 500 words）
- Photo (snapshot) (up to five pictures）
- Explanation movie (maximum play time: two minutes)
- Application manual (How to operate applications and the explanation of the expected behavior)
- In the case of Application submission, URL where applications are published if any (Google Play, App Store, Windows Store and other websites chosen by applicants)
- Types of used API
- Gadget (if a gadget is applied)
Send your gadget to the Contest secretariat. If an application does not exist (yet), please mention this at the time of entry submission. Gadget submission from Japan must be received by Wednesday, August 31, 2016. Gadget submission from abroad must be received by Wednesday, September 7, 2016.
(*) Regarding cloud API (beta version), please see the following URL for its overview and specification: http://docs.ricohapi.com/
Cloud API allows the access to BaaS (Backend as a Service) (*1) for imaging devices. This helps developers to create solutions that use imaging devices including THETA efficiently and cost-effectively. The use of API to be made available to the public requires registration.
A special credential is sent to contestant who would like to use API in addition to the entry confirmation.
(*1) BaaS (Backend as a Service) is a type of cloud computing that provides app developers with shared functions such as authentication and management of users and devices, push notifications, and SNS linking through the Internet. App developers can incorporate these functions easily through the use of cloud API (Application Programming Interface) and SDK (Software Development Kit).
Following features will be released in April 2016.
- Photo and media storage
- Video communication
Following features are under consideration for future releases.
- Remote control
- Sensor collaboration
- Image processing and image recognition
- Data store and analysis
- SNS linking
- Other features